Kenneth Taylor Hall, Rm 434
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4M4
Office Fax: 905-521-8232
- Ph.D. Boston University 1996
Teaching (Graduate courses are often shared with other instructors)
ECON 723- Fall 2014
ECON 741- Fall 2014
ECON 4A03 (C03)- Honours Seminar Economics- Winter 2015
ECON 4TT3- Advanced Economic Theory II- Winter 2015
ECON 724- Winter 2015
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Research Interests: Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics
Recent Research Papers
Gunn, C.M. and A. Johri (2013) An expectations-driven interpretation of the "Great Recession." Forthcoming, Journal of Monetary Economics.
Johri, A., M-A Letendre and D. Luo (2011) "Organizational Capital and the International Co-movement of Investment," Journal of Macroeconomics. Volume 33:4, 511-523.
Gunn, C.M. and A. Johri (2011) "News and Knowledge Capital," Review of Economic Dynamics.14 (1), 92-101.
Johri, A. (2009) "Delivering Endogenous Inertia in Prices and Output." Review of Economic Dynamics 12(4), 736-754.
Clarke, A.J. and A. Johri (2009) "Procyclical Solow Residuals without Technology Shocks," Macroeconomic Dynamics 13(3).
Johri, A. and A. Lahiri (2008) "Persistent Real Exchange Rates," Journal of International Economics. 76(2), 223-236.
Johri, A. and M-A. Letendre (2007) "What do residuals from first order conditions reveal about DGE models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 31(8), 2744-2773.
- Kegiang Hou & Alok Johri, 2013. "Intangible Capital and the Excess Volatility of Aggregate Profits," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-04, McMaster University.
- Christopher M. Gunn & Alok Johri, 2012. "News, Credit Spreads and Default Costs: An expectations-driven interpretation of the recent boom-bust cycle in the U.S," Department of Economics Working Papers 2012-04, McMaster University.
- Christopher M. Gunn & Alok Johri, 2011. "News, Intermediation Efficiency and Expectations-driven Boom-bust Cycles," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-02, McMaster University.
- Alok Johri & Bidyut Kumar Talukdar, 2011. "Organizational Capital and Optimal Ramsey Taxation," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-09, McMaster University.